Management reporting and documentation
vidace
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Cesar Vidal

VM Daily Protection Status Skipped backups not shown

Post by vidace »

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing fine. I have a query in regards to VM Daily Protection Status, whenever a backup runs for too long and a new backup should ocurr, then Veeam does not register if that new backup was not executed (skipped) so I don´t have a way with the report to know if the backup was actually skipped or not, Veeam One just shows a "-", where it should say backup skipped because the previous synthetic backup didnt finish on time.

Do you see any workaround for this or any powershell command to know which backups are being skipped because the previous one took too long?

Thanks!
Cesar
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: VM Daily Protection Status Skipped backups not shown

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

If I understood the background of your question correctly, then using the "Protected VMs" report solves your request. There you can define an SLA (e.g. 24h) and you get a warning, if VMs do not meet that RPO.

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: if synthetic backups do not finish on time, I recommend looking at REFS / XFS block cloning (https://www.veeam.com/blog/advanced-ref ... suite.html) or using active full backups
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VM Daily Protection Status Skipped backups not shown

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In addition to the suggestion from Hannes regarding defining the RPO, you can also start using max job duration alarm that can warn you when a backup job took more time than expected and VM with no backup alarm. Thanks!