PowerShell script exchange
Pollmann_M
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Martijn Pollmann

Dynamic Surebackup jobs with Hyper-V tags.

Post by Pollmann_M »

We run a backup environment for a Hyper-V platform. The jobs are populated using VMM Tags. I now want to run Dynamic surebackup jobs using Powershell. I want a specific set of options to be applied to the Surebackup jobs. I have run the New-VBRSureBackupStartupOptions and Set-VBRSureBackupStartupOptions command in combination with Add-VSBHvApplicationGroup. However those options only work Surebackup jobs that are populated with linked-jobs. Another option is to use New-VBRSureBackupVM and then add that to Add-VBRViApplicationGroup. However the New-VBRSureBackupVM needs to be populated with a CObjectInJob which you get from Get-VBRJobObject. When I run Get-VBRJobObject alle I get back is the tag which is not acceptable for New-VBRSureBackupVM. Is there a way out of this Catch-22?
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Dynamic Surebackup jobs with Hyper-V tags.

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi @Pollmann_M,

Currently New-VBRSureBackupVM doesn't support Tag subtype of CObjectInJob at all. But we added -Tag parameter to this cmdlet for v11.
I just need some time to make sure it also works for VMM tags added as job objects. I'll share my findings here as soon as I research it in the lab.

Thanks,
Oleg
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Dynamic Surebackup jobs with Hyper-V tags.

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

As tested, implementation of -Tag parameter for New-VBRSureBackupVM scheduled for v11 doesn't accept job objects with VMM tags subtype. But I passed it to Devs/QA as a bug. Thanks!