Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MrFlix
Novice
Liked: never

Can't stop backup copy session

Post by MrFlix »

Hello,
How I can stop backup copy session? The stop button is unactive. I have restart my Veeam server, and stopped all the services, but no result.
Regards,
Alex.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Can't stop backup copy session

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Alex,

It seems you need to ask Support team for this job removal from database.
Also, please take a look at the jobs' stopping process description in the guides:
Immediate job stop terminates the job session instantly. The job finishes with the following results:

VMs that Veeam Backup & Replication has succeeded to process by the time you stop the job will have new restore points.
VMs that Veeam Backup & Replication is currently processing and VMs that Veeam Backup & Replication has not started to process will not have new restore points.
When you stop a job session immediately, Veeam Backup & Replication performs the following operations:

If a snapshot for a VM has already been created, Veeam Backup & Replication instructs VMware vSphere to remove the snapshot.
Veeam Backup & Replication terminates all job processes and tasks. The job is finished with the Failed error.
Thanks!
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Flix,

Backup Copy session for agent based backups should have Session Type "Windows Backup Copy", so judging on your screenshot we are dealing with Agent-based backup job, not Backup Copy Job.
Since session's Stop is grayed, I can assume the case of unmanaged Agent backup - where job resides and configured on agent itself and VBR server here is a passive Target, however if job persists through reboots that might be something more tricky here. I think it is worth opening the case with support to check that hanged session.

/Cheers!
MrFlix
Novice

Post by MrFlix »

Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the follow-up on this case.

Thanks!
MrFlix
Novice

Post by MrFlix »

I can't understatnd what it mean "Graceful Stop of Jobs".

Code: Select all

You cannot use graceful job stop for the following types of jobs:

File copy jobs
    Backup copy jobs
    Quick migration job (during quick migration, Veeam Backup & Replication processes all VMs in one task)
    Restore operations
How can I stop this tasks without SQL query? Stop button is unaviable.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The explanation has been provided above as well as the link to the User Guide where the concept is explained in details.

The session is stopped either immediately or it takes additional time to finalize the incomplete restore point of currently processed VMs (VMs that the job has started processing already - not the ones that are waiting in queue). The later case is called graceful job stop.

Thanks!