Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
adispy
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Adrian Costea

Local Veeam One credentials are applied to remote hosts

Post by adispy »

Hi,
I have been starting to use/test Veeam One but I have a problem that I don't know how to make it go away.
The software service is running with an Active Directory domain service account. I have added my local Hyper-V servers but I have also added some remote ones in a different Active Directory forest.
Everything works great except I am constantly getting Bad Hyper-V username logon attempt alarm on my remote Hyper-V hosts. Looks like Veeam One it is trying to use the (local) AD service account to authenticate to the remote Hyper-V servers (from the remote forest). By the way, I have configured the credentials for the remote Hyper-V servers using the Connection Settings option and type a service account from the remote forest.

Is there any way to tell Veeam One not to use any other credentials except the ones configured in the Connection Settings?

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Local Veeam One credentials are applied to remote hosts

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Adrian,

Veeam ONE should be using credentials that have been specified in the connection settings. Service account must not connect to the VI. Can you send the debug logs to our support team so that they could figure out what causes this?

Thanks!
Schinner
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Schinner »

I am having the exact same issue.

Installed Veeam One 10 and added a Hyper-V with a local admin under "Connection Settings" and added a privileged domain-user under "Guest OS Credentials". But Veeam One Monitor always logs the error "Bad Hyper-V username logon attempt".
All Live Data (Memory, CPU, etc) is up to date and displayed. But why does Veeam ONE Monitor Server tries to login with the guest os credentials?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Schinner,

VM Guest OS credentials (or Guest OS credentials) are required for pulling data from the guest OS of VMs and not for connecting to the Hyper-V server iteself. In any way, if you have faced a technical issue we recommend reaching out to our support team to get it sorted.

Thanks
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

I'm getting the same issue. My backup server is not on the domain, and my Virtual Hosts are not on the domain either. VeeamONE then tries to connect as localhost\localadmin even though I have defined the credentials they should be using.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Alex,

Please raise a support case to get it sorted and share your case ID with us.

Thanks