Management reporting and documentation
xaerie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: xaerie

Export Server Results for Cost Analysis

Post by xaerie »

Is there a way to export a list of all the servers that are getting backed up and their backup storage use/disk space?

We're trying to migrate from one platform to Veeam and I'm having a hard time finding real-time reporting in Veeam. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
Really looking for a total life cycle data size for each server. So it would include the full backup size, the incremental backup sizes based on our retention.

Side question - where can you find the de-duplication ratio or percentage? I read somewhere in these forums it was in a file but cannot find that post again.

I've been using this handy dandy calculator https://rps.dewin.me/ - unfortunately using a base percentage for an expected change rate is just not cutting it for figuring total storage and costs. It's just not accurate enough for us. I'm really needing real numbers - and I can go into every single repository and grab numbers in windows explorer but I'm hoping there's a report that can be ran instead.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Export Server Results for Cost Analysis

Post by Andreas Neufert » 1 person likes this post

xaerie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: xaerie

Post by xaerie »

Andreas Neufert wrote: Sep 17, 2020 7:38 am Maybe this is helpful: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... ml?ver=100
Thank you for your quick reply. I could be reading that report wrong but I’m not seeing the size of the full backup and size of all the increments for all the server backs ups. Is there an export or report for that data in one place?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Xaerie,

Just to be sure, are you speaking about AHV backups? If so, you may give Backups on Repository and Job History reports a try.

Thanks