Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
andreas2012
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Andreas

Veeam service user as domain admin

Post by andreas2012 »

Hi,

We have until recently have had our Veeam service user part of Domain admin, and we are moving away from this now.
I know I have to add the Veeam service user to the local Administrators group of the physical machines to be able to run backup.
When It comes to VMware I have looked at https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100
I and thought I had configured it correctly, but I guess not.

Do I have to some users under Guest Processing > Guest OS Credentials ?

When I select a VM now, and run a backup I get these errors...

Code: Select all

Queued for processing at 20.09.2020 17:54:07 	
Required backup infrastructure resources have been assigned 	
VM processing started at 20.09.2020 17:54:12 	
VM size: 60 GB 	
Getting VM info from vSphere 	00:05
Using guest interaction proxy xxxxx (Different subnet) 	
Failed to inject guest runtime using guest interaction proxy, failing over to backup server 	
Failed to inventory guest system: Veeam Guest Agent is not started 	
Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host:  [xxxxx]. Account: [veeamservice]. Win32 error:Access is denied.  Code: 5 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host:  [xxxx]. Account: [veeamservice]. Win32 error:Access is denied.  Code: 5 ' 	
Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host:  [xxxxx]. Account: [veeamservice]. Win32 error:Access is denied.  Code: 5 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host:  [xxxxx]. Account: [veeamservice]. Win32 error:Access is denied.  Code: 5 '
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Veeam service user as domain admin

Post by Gostev »

Hi, I'm not sure what are you asking? Looks like some words are missing in your question. Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam service user as domain admin

Post by foggy »

You need to specify an account that has the required permissions on all the processed VMs. The one you're specifying cannot connect to the VM's administrative share to start the guest components.