Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
ThierryF
Expert
Liked: 33 times

Veeam Agent Solaris

Post by ThierryF »

Hello friends,

I am giving a look at Veeam Agent for Solaris to backup Solaris 11.3/11.4 Global zones on SPARC Sun T5-T7 Servers .
Any good/bad experiences to share ?

First issue I am just facing, is v2.0 support with Veeam VBR Integration. It requires VBR 10.0 and I am at 9.5.4b :roll:
Looking at upgrading but as interactions with Vcenter, Cisco Hyperflex Data platform, Citrix and ...,
not so easy as 1+1=2 ....

Thanks for your inputs !!

Cheers from Belgium !
Take care of you, your loved ones and friends. Life is short, enjoy each moment !

TH
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam Agent Solaris

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
hmm, not really sure which input to give... it's a hard requirement. 10a is the third iteration / update since GA. Looking on the forums and support numbers, I don't see a reason to stay on U4b.

So what is your question :-)

Best regards from Austria,
Hannes
ThierryF
Expert
Liked: 33 times

Post by ThierryF »

Hello,
Thanks for reply. And what about experiences with Veeam Agent for Solaris ?
TH
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

I did not like the experience with version 1 (I formulated it in a friendly way ;-))... now it's a real Veeam product and my experience is good.

Maybe if you give more information what you are looking for (e.g. amount of data, number of files), then customers could add better comments.
tmiller
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by tmiller » 1 person likes this post

@ThierryF

Another thing that may help you decide on upgrading VBR to V10(a) is Veeam Agent for solaris V1 only utilized a standalone dedicated license which is now deprecated, Agent for Soalis V2 now is part of the VBR family of products and only uses the Veeam Universal Licesnse (VUl). Which VUL honestly is much more cost affective then the Previous v1 license. I hope this helps