Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
iwannabfishn
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeremy

pushing agents to non domain computers

Post by iwannabfishn »

I know this topic has been covered before, but I have seen a complete answer. I have a Veeam B&R server that is on my AD domain. I need to backup several computers that are not on my domain. I understand the I need access to the admin share on the non domain PC. I created a local admin user. I added this registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\SystemValue: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicyData: 1 (to disable, 0 enables filtering)Type: REG_DWORD (32-bit). I can now access the admin$ and c$ share on the non domain PC from the veeam server. I added the pc to a protection group and tested the credentials and that was successful. But when I try to rescan or deploy the agent I get this message (Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to 192.168.*.* Error: The network path was not found. The network path was not found. (ERROR_BAD_NETPATH).

I have the windows firewall turned off and I verified that no other network related problem exists. In fact, I can join the computer to the domain and it will install with no problem. But I have many machines that I cannot join to the domain so I need to figure out how to make this work as they are.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: pushing agents to non domain computers

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jeremy,

Can you please check if remote registry is enabled on the affected machine? Thanks!
Open the Control Panel.
Select Administrative Tools.
Select Services.
Right-click the Remote Registry Service and select Properties.
Under Startup Type select Automatic from the drop-down menu.
Check that the Remote Procedure Call service is also configured to startup automatically.