Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
glaviolette
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Greg LaViolette

Feature request?

Post by glaviolette »

I have mostly VMs that are connected via an NFS datastore, however I have a few that are iSCSI (don't ask). My thought was that I could create a single job and check "Direct SAN Access" and then have it backup the iSCSI clients by that method and then have it failover to "Virtual Appliance" mode when it backs up the NFS clients. I checked the "Failover to network mode if primary backup mode fails" checkbox, but of course it does simply that (helps if you READ! :D ). However in my head it seems like it should failover down the list? Maybe that would add considerable time to the backup job... Separate job for iSCSI clients then?
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Re: Feature request?

Post by chrisdearden »

remember you can use a datastore as a vm selection criteria , so it should be pretty straightforward to configure the additional job.
glaviolette
Influencer

Post by glaviolette »

Ah! That would be ok! :D

Even though I'd have to create another job, that still allows me to "set and forget", which I *always* appreciate in a software application. I'd probably recreate my jobs based from datastore vs. vCenter (current).

Thanks!
glaviolette
Influencer

Post by glaviolette »

Except I'd lose a bit of dedup (possibly) as they aren't part of the same job. Not the end of the world for me, but..

Thanks again!