RESTful knowledge exchange
Thomasps
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Invalid credential

Post by Thomasps »

Hi,

Im a newb at using API's but I have successfully used API's with Key authentication a couple of times.
I think I got this code correclty, but no matter what I do, I get this response:
"error": "Authorization Error",
"error_description": "Invalid credential"

My code:
curl --location --request POST 'https://servername:4443/v4/token' \
--header 'Content-Type: text/plain' \
--data-raw 'grant_type=password&username=servernme\username&password=MyPassword2!'

I'm using the same credentials that I use to logon to Veeam Backup Office 365. I have also tried creating new Windows credentials and and made it a member of the Administrators group that has full access to Veeam. Does anyone know whats wrong?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Invalid credential

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello and welcome to the community Thomasps!

Can you please make sure that newly created Windows admin user is listed in Veeam B&R console as Veeam admin? Cheers!
Thomasps
Novice

Post by Thomasps »

Thanks Dima P.

The user is not listed, but the Administrators group is listed. I have also tried using the only user(admin) we had before I created this new one. I have also tried adding the user directly to the list but that did not help.
Thomasps
Novice

Post by Thomasps » 1 person likes this post

Dima P. wrote: Oct 04, 2020 5:56 pm Hello and welcome to the community Thomasps!

Can you please make sure that newly created Windows admin user is listed in Veeam B&R console as Veeam admin? Cheers!
I added the new user directly to the list instead of the old one and it worked. Thanks :D