PowerShell script exchange
Erwin Linker
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Erwin Linker

Report per VM

Post by Erwin Linker »

Hi,

Does anybody knows if there is a script that creates a report per VM. Like a VM list what can be proved by a txt file.

I found the BR-MimicReport from github, but that is per Job. But if possibly i want something like that but then with the VM's that i provide.

Regards, Erwin
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Report per VM

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Erwin,

I wrote BR-BackupReport cmdlet a while ago.
You might find it helpful here.

Thanks,
Oleg
Erwin Linker
Service Provider

Post by Erwin Linker »

Hi Oleg,

I found that one also. :-).

We are a SP and sometimes our customers want a report for audit purposes. We have multipel customers VM's in one job, and of possible i want a report per chosen VM's of the customer. If something like that does not exist i just need to tweak the reports that i know :-).

Regards, Erwin
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Erwin,

Can you, please, elaborate on what info do you need in a report? I believe you'd like to have a report similar to BR-MimicReport,
but more VM-oriented (?) or just exactly the same kind of report with an opportunity to specify VM names from a text file to
get a narrowly focused data?

Thanks,
Oleg
Erwin Linker
Service Provider

Post by Erwin Linker »

Hi Oleg,

"just exactly the same kind of report with an opportunity to specify VM names from a text file to get a narrowly focused data?".

We have a job with multipel VM's from different customers in the same job, to consolidate jobs. Sometimes a customer wants a overview from there VM's and the restorepoints for audit purposes. It would be create if there is a report where you can narrow the focus only to the VM's of 1 customer, in a fancy report like BR-MimicReport.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Don't have a console at hand to check it properly, but I think your goal can be achieved, if:

* you limit cmdlet Get-VBRBackupSession to the specific job (use name of your job as a filter)
* you limit .GetTaskSessions() method to the specific VM (use name of customer's vm as a filter)

Thanks!