PowerShell script exchange
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Script to set the next backup as Active Full

Post by t481 »

Hello all,
Is there an existing script or does anyone know how one could set the next backup job to be an Active Full backup?

Background:
We used to use "local target" for storage optimisation and need to change it to "local target (large blocks)" due to meta-data issues with our S3 Object Storage solution and in order for the changes to take effect, we need to take an Active Full. I want to schedule this to happen for Friday's backup so that Veeam will have the full weekend to complete the backup if necessary.

Thank you in advance.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Script to set the next backup as Active Full

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Basically, you need to start a job via Start-VBRJob cmdlet with -FullBackup switch, but can you tell me what exact issue you had with the object storage metadata? May be the problem can be addressed in a different way. Thanks!
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by t481 »

Hi @veremin
Many thanks for your help. I've started looking at using the Start-VBRJob cmdlet but have a question, would starting these jobs from a script conflict with the scheduled job?
With regards to the object storage, we are using Cloudian as our S3 platform. We have been advised that there are limitations due to disk space for the metadata in the Cassandra database that mean that if we used Veeam's default 1MB block size, we would only be able to utilise 50% of our Cloudian capacity. They advised us to change it to Local Large (4MB).
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Many thanks for your help. I've started looking at using the Start-VBRJob cmdlet but have a question, would starting these jobs from a script conflict with the scheduled job?
No, it should not - it will be similar to right-clicking the job and selecting Active Full option. Thanks!