Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Feature Request: Create support ticket from VBR console

Post by bhagen » 1 person likes this post

It's just a little thing, but...when I'm in the VBR console and see something wrong that's worthy of creating a support ticket, I'd like to be able to gather a support bundle and then fill out my info (with auto-fill of things like my contact info and my support contract number, and any other relevant info needed to fill in the ticket...like what bucket to upload the logs to, where the logs are located locally so they upload automatically, etc.) and click "submit a ticket". Needs to be in a pop out window so if I need info from the console I can click around and find what I need to copy/paste into the ticket creation window.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Feature Request: Create support ticket from VBR console

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for feedback!

Looks interesting, however I can see some complications here, and main one is that opening a ticket from console means more VBR server communication to the outside world, where a lot would prefer not to, or have the server isolated completely...
Anyhow, feature request is noted for internal discussion.

/Thanks!
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Post by bhagen »

Of course, if the VBR server isn't connected to the outside world, you could click submit a thousand times and it won't submit anything. :-)

Thanks!
derekmerritt
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Derek Merritt

Post by derekmerritt »

I think this is a really good idea. What I have seen with other applications that do this is they give the users the option to upload the support bundle automatically, or the user can export a copy of the support bundle locally, to be uploaded to the case later.
soncscy
Veteran
Liked: 312 times
Full Name: Harvey

Post by soncscy » 1 person likes this post

Egor Yakovlev wrote: Oct 23, 2020 4:11 pm Thanks for feedback!

Looks interesting, however I can see some complications here, and main one is that opening a ticket from console means more VBR server communication to the outside world, where a lot would prefer not to, or have the server isolated completely...
Anyhow, feature request is noted for internal discussion.

/Thanks!
I can appreciate that, but do I remember incorrectly, or didn't (doesn't) the free version of the veeam agent for windows do this? I'm not sure how I feel on this personally, but I can see the advantage for a lot of people. Maybe a registry value for administrators to turn it on/off at the backup server level?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

That is correct, Veeam Agent has a built-in Support Case submit form for ease of use for home users. We will measure all possible ways to make that happen in VBR as well.
/Thanks!