Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Stiddy1979
Novice
Liked: never

Manually added device in inventory

Post by Stiddy1979 »

When I look under Inventory, Manually Added i see a random laptop from my network. I do not remember adding this. How can I determine when/how this device was added? I assume there should be a log I can view to gather some information.

Thanks in Advance!
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Manually added device in inventory

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Usually machines are added to the "Manually Added" by creating a backup job or policy. If job\policy has been triggered at least once it shall log a protection group rescan session that you can find under History - System in VBR UI. If session was not triggered, Manully Added should have had an automatic rescan(default: 9pm daily) to find your laptop. That will point approximate day it was added to the console.

/Thanks!
Stiddy1979
Novice
Liked: never

Post by Stiddy1979 »

Egor, thanks for the information. I do see where it was added under System History on 10-22-2020 at 9:31 pm. Is there any other log where I can see who added the system based on their credentials logged into the console?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Check History - Backup - Agent node with same timestamp, you will see there was a job\policy created with user name who initiated it.
/Cheers!