Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
haroldbuter
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Harold Buter

Replication issue: error in xml document

Post by haroldbuter »

Hi,

I've an issue with the replication. what happened is that we removed the remote vcenter from the server list and added a host directly, reason being that we want to use a seperate connection. within the firewalls we have Natted the esx host internal ip address with an external ip address and on our local site we did the same with the veeam server.

we're able to putty and telnet to the remote host using the external ip address

in Veeam we connected to the host using the external ip address and were able to browse thorugh the remote datastores. we've setup a test replication job and pointed it to the remote server.

when we start the job, it will take around 15 minutes and it fails either with;

host license level, There is an error in XML document (7, 131151).

or with
Checking "[external ip address]" host license level, The operation has timed out

any ideas or suggestions that we can do here?

thanks

Harold
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication issue: error in xml document

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Harold,

Seems like Veeam B&R is unable to verify host license for this host entry due to some connectivity misconfiguration. Are you able to copy paste any file from source host to the remote one via built-in FastSCP management tree on the left?

By the way have you opened all ports required? See our User Guide (page 31) for more details.

Thanks.
haroldbuter
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Harold Buter

Post by haroldbuter »

HI Vitaly,

all ports are open at the moment. However I'm not able to copy and paste a file usin the FastSCP management tree.

What configuration (file) needs to be changed in order to get this working?

thanks

Harold
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Harold, I would suggest looking through the job log file to see the exact operation that timed out. You may want to contact our support team for assistance with this. Thanks!
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

Does the VC see this host by hostname and not IP address? My hunch is that your host has an odd character in its name. So your host is named something like 'R&D', something with an odd symbol in it that XML tries to parse as proper syntax and fails.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.