Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
arogarth
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times

Hide duplicate Backups

Post by arogarth »

Hello,

we have the following Setup: A Server with JBOD. The Filesystem is exported as NFS and CIFS.

Inside Veeam we added NFS and CIFS as Repo - and also the NFS over a second Repo server.

Now we have all Jobs three times inside the database. On Backup > Disk the backup job itself and under Backup > Disk (Imported) every job listed two times here...

Is there a flag or setting to indicate this jobs and hide them?
Socials: https://arogarth.net
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Hide duplicate Backups

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
uhm, can you maybe explain the idea of that setup? Is it a Windows or a Linux server? Is it only used are repository, or also as proxy?

It looks like you have good hardware and you use it in a way that has worst performance and usability.

To answer your question: no, we don't have such a flag. We recommend to use the software in a way it was designed to be used.

Best regards,
Hannes
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

If you use NFS and CIFS Repo Configuration in VBR at the same time to the same nasfolder path, you will see duplicated backups.

Configure the jobs to use NFS REPO only and remove the CIFS REPO from the veeam configuration.
And you won't have duplicated backups.

Better option for performance would be to reconfigure your JBOD Server to an simple LINUX XFS Backup Repo, if this is possible.
Or to use an ISCSI Export to your Backup Server.

WIth both of this options, you can a feature called Fastclone.
With NFS, this feature is not available. With CIFS, you will have to met some requirements to use Fast Clone

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
arogarth
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times

Post by arogarth »

The NFS / CIFS replacements is in work - but it need time... All servers are Linux based except the VEEAM itself

The other point is that we have a proxy and it is also work as an repo with NFS - > Point to the jbod server. Why that... Our Infrastructure is seperated in different vlan's - on is for backup traffic.

The called proxy has two nic - one management traffic and one for backup traffic.

Doing normal vm backup from vcenter - all is fine. The Proxy can route the traffic to the repo.

But using a agent backup I have two options:
1. Add a second nic for backup
2. Route the backup traffic to proxy (which is also working as an repo)

I use the second version - so i can reuse this for other agents.

But now I see every Disk as duplicated inside VEEAM...

And yes, I know about XFS - but it is ZFS and change it to XFS is currently no option.
Socials: https://arogarth.net