Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mmalarino
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Maximiliano Malarino

File to Tape: cannot enumerate folders

Post by mmalarino »

The scenario is quite simple. I have a physical file server with tons of files and different sizes (23TBs aprox.). Veeam agent is installed and I have the same account configured for local groups: administrators, backup operators.

When I create a backup job for a disk volume directly to a disk drive repository it works fine. But when I try to create a job File-to-tape it takes forever to give a fail stating "cannot enumerate folders". Permissions are checked on every side. Every folder on the file server includes the group Backup Operators with correct permissions.

If anybody has any clues about this I would really appreciate it.

I have a Veeam B&R 10 with Windows Server 2016. The client is also Windows Server 2016.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: File to Tape: cannot enumerate folders

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello Maximiliano,

Can you check under which account Veeam Installer service is running on the source machine? Thanks!
mmalarino
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Maximiliano Malarino

Post by mmalarino »

All Veeam services including the installer are running under local system.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Likely the machine you've been using for tape proxy installation does not have access to the source directory under it's machine account. You can change the account for installer service to the one that has access to the desired folders to fix this issue. Cheers!