Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
janschulenburg
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jan Schulenburg

Veeam SureBackup using imported disks

Post by janschulenburg »

Hi,

I'm a, more or less, frequent SureBackup user. I'm using to test my backups are fully functional or to test upgrades. I now have an issue where a server is giving a Java error after a restart and a restore from a previous version of that server has the same error. I've tested the same within the SureBackup environment (1 AD server, 1 SQL server and that specific server with an issue) and again the same java problem. Since the backup storage is limited I'm only able to go a few weeks back. I do, however, have copies of full backups (3 x full month backup and 3 x quarter backup) to an 3rd tier storage from which I can import them into the Veeam Backups (Disk imported).

I then tried to start the SureBackup with the imported disk (all from the same backup window/date) but I can't choose that date to start the SureBackup from? Is it possible to start a SureBackup job from imported disk at all?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Veeam SureBackup using imported disks

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Jan,

Could you please try to create Application Group and add VMs into the group from imported backups? After that you may create SureBackup job attached to the newly created Application Group.

I would also recommend to raise a support request to investigate the problem with the encountered errors, please don't forget to provide us with a support case ID.

Thanks!
janschulenburg
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jan Schulenburg

Re: Veeam SureBackup using imported disks

Post by janschulenburg » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for this solution, it does work nice!