Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
V Learn
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: V Learn

Exchange Database

Post by V Learn »

Hi
i have to Exchange servers in DAG relationship between them,#1 exchange 2010 & #2 exchange 2016 .
i crate backup job with enabling application-aware processing for each server & the backup task go well and error less.
but when i want to restore an email or mail box in exchange 2016 by using application items\microsoft exchange and open databases in veeam explorer for exchange the .edb files dont open.
however in exchange 2010 i didn't have any porblem in restore emails or mailboxs.
thanks for attention
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Exchange Database

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

As far as I see different Exchange versions are not supported within the same DAG:
All servers within a DAG must be running the same version of Exchange. For example, you can't mix Exchange 2013 servers and Exchange 2016 servers in the same DAG.
Any chance to check the same issue with DAG where all members are of the same version?

You may also take a look at this article which describes the preferred architecture of virtualized Exchange 2016 including some useful tips for DAG.

Thanks!
V Learn
Novice

Post by V Learn »

i resolved the Difference version of exchange in DAG and the exchange service are in use very good.
but i have problem in restore email in exchange 2016- veeam explorer can't open .edb stores , however in exchange 2010 i don't have any problem.
thanks for your attention.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi V Learn,

- "Veeam can't open .edb stores" - what kind of error you see there?
- make sure correct ese.dll's are set under Veeam Explorer for Exchange General Settings page - ese.dll version differs for Exchange 2010\2013\2016+.

/Thanks!
V Learn
Novice

Post by V Learn » 2 people like this post

Hi
I resolved my problem , my veeam explorer for microsft exchange was outofdate and i upgrade it to 9.5.0 U4a.
tnx for your Attention.