Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

How to remove offline agent from B&R?

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

We are using v9.5, as we cannot upgrade to v10 due to one of the Hosts being ESXi 5.0

Last week an external contractor took their server, a Windows 7 machine, which I had added as a machine to backup using Veeam Agent.

I disabled the backup job associated with it last week, and this week I have deleted the job.

Now that the server has been removed Veeam B&R keeps scanning for it every night. I can see it is "Offline" under Inventory > Physical & Cloud Infrastructure.

The problem is that I can't remove it. I can click Uninstall All Components, but not actually remove it from the list because it doesn't physically exist anymore.

I deleted the backup job associated with it, so there should be nothing keeping it from removing itself.

So how do I remove it?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: How to remove offline agent from B&R?

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Alex.

You need to remove it from respectful Protection Group settings(Inventory node).
Check custom Protection Group that keeps rescanning that host, or check Manually Added protection group settings, depending how agent was added to Veeam in the first place.

In v11 we are adding direct "Remove Agent" command that will make whole process easier.

/Thanks!
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Ah! You need to right-click on Manually Added, then go to Properties, and under Computers you can remove it from there.

I never would have thought to right click on a folder to delete an item inside the folder!!!
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Well, Protection Group is more than just a folder - it defines how Veeam shall look for new agents, stuff like Update behavior and schedule around discovery.
Glad it sorted out anyway!

/Cheers!