Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Vilobit
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Can't remove newly created backup repository

Post by Vilobit »

I recently installed my first Veeam Agent on a physical server running Windows Server 2019 to a current Veeam BR infrastructure. The idea is to use this machine as a backup repository. After have installed the agent on it from Veeam BR, I noticed I had done a couple of mistakes I need to correct:

- I used a local account instead of a domain one
- I used the wrong target location and must change it

Now, it would've been easy to just remove the repository through Backup Inventory, then remove the server and start from scratch using the correct details.

But as it is, Veeam BR is refusing to remove the Backup Repository because it is now a part of its infrastructure - the error message is that the current "Backup Repository 1" is used for configuration backup. Nothing is saved (yet) on the new repository.

I have browsed through the current backup jobs and none of them has yet been set to actually use the newly created repository, but it is available if browsing through the job properties etc.

Suggestions on how to solve my problem?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Can't remove newly created backup repository

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Please select another repository from drop-down list in configuration backup settings and try to remove the repository again, should do the trick.

Thanks!
Vilobit
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Re: Can't remove newly created backup repository

Post by Vilobit » 1 person likes this post

Such a noobie mistake so miss that menu. Literally the last menu I had missed to look into! Thank you!