Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
tmlcomputer
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: T Lincoln

Developers take note:Backup for Citrix Sharefile Needed

Post by tmlcomputer »

It seems there is no company out there that will provide backup to Citrix Sharefile (Similar to Box but better) It would be to your financial benefit to provide backup for this product as pretty much everyone is looking for it. They have an open API so you can plug into it easily. Would be nice to have a backup to on prem and also C2C to Amazon

Thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Developers take note:Backup for Citrix Sharefile Needed

Post by wishr »

Hi Tmlcomputer,

Thank you for the request. It's noted.

Regards,
Fedor
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Just out of interest, how many users are using it within your organization?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
tmlcomputer
Lurker
Full Name: T Lincoln

Post by tmlcomputer »

In my organization 0. I have several clients that use Sharefile. Their user bases ranges between 3 to 24 users per client. Fortune 500 and 1000 companies use this system all over the globe. Making a backup system for this is very lucrative for you.

Right now im stuck using the basic end user citrix sync utility to sync the entire shared repository to a desktop PC. I have to back that sync repository up every 15 min and then replicate those backups out to the cloud. Very hodgepodge doing it this way with may points of failure to monitor. Need to just back this up right to another cloud. Keep note Sharefile for most companys come with unlimited storage so whatever system you come up with will need to match that storage requirement.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

tmlcomputer,

Mind me asking if its possible to access the Citrix Sharefile content via smb (After brief googling looks like it's possible)? Thanks!
geir.dybbugt
Lurker
Full Name: Geir Dybbugt

Post by geir.dybbugt »

Following this. Would also like Veeam to get support for this. Veeam has this for 365 now. Would be great to also beeing able to give this option to our customers for sharefile.

PS: we are a service provider in Norway with focus on Veeam, shoot me an email if you want more info:-)
rgrieco
Novice
Full Name: Robert Grieco

Post by rgrieco »

Is there an update on this? We will be moving to Citrix Share File as well all cloud based no on prem device.
Thanks,
Bobby
rgrieco
Novice
Full Name: Robert Grieco

[MERGED] Backing up Citrix ShareFile

Post by rgrieco »

I opened a ticket with this question but the answer I got wasn't really an answer Case # 04497739. The question is below.
We will be moving our storsimple network share files to Citrix File Share in the cloud, we will not be using an on prem device for Citrix, My question is does Veeam 10 have the ability to have long term retention (weekly, monthly, yearly etc) backups of the shares in Citrix? I believe Citrix Share File is an Amazon S3 bucket.
Thanks
Bobby
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Bobby,
Is there an update on this? We will be moving to Citrix Share File as well all cloud based no on prem device.
Based quick search Citrix Share File supports SMB protocol, so looks like you can access the files via SMB and back those up with nas backup job.
My question is does Veeam 10 have the ability to have long term retention (weekly, monthly, yearly etc) backups of the shares in Citrix?
NAS backup can move data to a secondary archive repository, but we do not support GFS retention schema. Cheers!
dimaslan
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Dimitris Aslanidis

Post by dimaslan »

Has anyone had any luck with this? I have a customer asking for Sharefile backups and is more interested in the longer retention past the 45 days Citrix provides.
The Citrix Sharefile SMB, has anyone worked with it so far? Will it work on a server which will have all the shares accessible so we can do a daily incremental backup with Veeam agent?