Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
LinAndI
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: André

Feature request to support exclusions in volume level Backup

Post by LinAndI »

Hello,

I came across a technical stopper with Agent for Linux 4 on my side:
I have 2 local NVMe drives inside my computer; one installed the OS (LMDE 4), one as (first) backup target.
Now, I want to get a volume level backup; during the wizard, in the step, where I can choose the destination, I choose the local mountpoint of the 2nd NVMe disk, mounted to /mnt/backup.

But now, I cant proceed:
"the destination path is a directory that is selected for backup. Please choose a non local destination (CIFS/USB...) or exclude LVMLMDE (/ OR "ROOT", based on the "volumes" types, I can choose before)"
I understand, that this condition (LVM&LUKS encrypted container, but also inside of the container/LVM physical device are the mountpoint of the destination) are the problem, but it would be very helpful, if I can setup an exclusion here of that "/mnt/backup" mountpoint in your software, so I can use the really useful snapshot/CBT techniques instead of the file based backup without snapshots.

So I'm happy if you can help me to achieve these goal.
Thank you very much, Have an nice day.

André
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Feature request to support exclusions in volume level Backup

Post by PTide »

Hi,

If you use CLI to configure a job then the agent won't perform any checks. In this case it's 100% up to you to choose a proper destination.

Also, would you describe your storage configuration in details, please? A schema/picture would be great.
I didn't quite get the part where you said "LVM&LUKS encrypted container, but also inside of the container/LVM physical device are the mountpoint of the destination"

Thanks!