Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
philfreund
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Freund

VA for AIX job restart and error messaging

Post by philfreund »

How does the job restart logic work for the AIX agent when you stop a running job? I would have expected it to stop the job and not restart. However, I just stopped a job so that I could correct the excludemasks parameters and the job restarted. Fortunately, the auto restart happened after I had corrected the excludemasks parameters.

Also, are there any messages sent when there is an error or a warning for a job?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: VA for AIX job restart and error messaging

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Looks like a bug to me. Will ping dev team, stay tuned.
Also, are there any messages sent when there is an error or a warning for a job?
Agents don't send any messages (unless you configure a post-job script which will do it).

Alternatively, you can enable either Email or SNMP notifications on VBR, so that it will send you reports/traps for every backup session.

Thanks!
MTaylorCBC

Re: VA for AIX job restart and error messaging

Post by MTaylorCBC »

I have a case open to Support where the post script must complete before the backup job completes. So if your post script, like mine, goes out to check the session status to determine job completion, it will say "Running". While I have a work-around for this, I feel if my script is running in background mode, the backup job should end and not concern itself with it.