Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
steve_mc
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Private bytes override settings ?

Post by steve_mc »

Hi All,

Just reviewing the private bytes overrides required for the Veeam Management pack. We have put in the required overrides as per the user guide.

When I check the overrides summary it is saying that there are 3 overrides being placed on the monitors that required tweaking:

Class Name Parameter Changed value

Class Management Server Agent Agent performance monitor.... 1610612736 <-applied to default management pack
Class Management Server Agent performance monitor.... 1610612736 <-applied to default management pack
Group nworks VMware collector Agent performance monitor.... 1610612736 <-applied to nworks overrides management pack

A lot of our SCOM agents seem to be 'busy' these days and I am thinking it could be the above overrides. My understanding is that the override applied to the Group nworks VMware collectors is all that is required. Can anyone from Veeam confirm if the Management Server Agent and Management Server overrides detailed above are actually required?

Thanks,

Steve.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 361 times

Re: Private bytes override settings ?

Post by Alec King »

Hi Steve,

The Management Server and Management Server Agent overrides are actually built-in overrides from Microsoft. Nothing to do with nworks.

And those overrides are definitely required - they are used for the agents that run on SCOM Mgt Servers. Essentially, the same agent runs there, as runs on all your other client servers. But that agent has a lot more work to do, so Microsoft included those overrides out-of-box.
You definitely should leave those overrides in place. And the override for nworks group as well.

Hope that helps!
steve_mc
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Re: Private bytes override settings ?

Post by steve_mc »

Hi Alec,

Good to rule those out as the problem source - the hunt continues.

Thanks,

Steve.