Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
javiereyes
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Javier Reyes

Backup Solaris and Oracle DB

Post by javiereyes »

Hi,

I've to backup a Solaris server and an Oracle DB that resides in this server. The VBR server is a VM with
a local disk as a default repository, an StoreOnce and tape library but those are connected on another server (physicla)
acting as a tape/gateway server.

This is my environment:

I've installed the Solaris Agent and added the VBR server but when I list the repositories, only displays
the default repository (local disk), it doesn't displays the StoreOnce and the tape library.

Is it posible backup the Solaris and Oracle DB with this environment?

Regards
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Backup Solaris and Oracle DB

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
are you using 10a and agent version 2.1?

If yes, then you should see the StoreOnce if you set correct permissions. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100 If that does not work, please provide a support case number.

Veeam does backup to disk to tape. So the tape observation is expected behavior.

Best regards,
Hannes
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

I guess we are speaking about Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN not the Agent. So needed Version is v10 on B&R and v10 on the Plug-in (same ISO).
You can not see the StoreOnce Repository because of the Access Permission (see link above) or that you use an older Veeam version which do not support StoreOnce.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management

Post by Andreas Neufert »

In case of the tape library... it needs to be backup2disk2tape with the Veeam Agent for Solaris.
javiereyes
Novice

Post by javiereyes »

HannesK wrote: Nov 27, 2020 6:50 am Hello,
are you using 10a and agent version 2.1?

If yes, then you should see the StoreOnce if you set correct permissions. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100 If that does not work, please provide a support case number.

Veeam does backup to disk to tape. So the tape observation is expected behavior.

Best regards,
Hannes
Yes, It's VBR 10a and Solaris agent 2.1.
javiereyes
Novice

Post by javiereyes »

Andreas Neufert wrote: Nov 27, 2020 7:09 am I guess we are speaking about Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN not the Agent. So needed Version is v10 on B&R and v10 on the Plug-in (same ISO).
You can not see the StoreOnce Repository because of the Access Permission (see link above) or that you use an older Veeam version which do not support StoreOnce.
It's for both Solaris and Oracle RMAN. I added the VBR server in the Solaris server with the Administrator VBR account. Do I need to add the Solaris user to the Access permission?

Doesn't it matter that the storeonce and the tape library are not directly connected to the VBR Server?

Regards
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management

Post by Andreas Neufert » 1 person likes this post

You need to create a windows user (or AD User) and give it access within B&R to the Repository that you want to use as described by the link above. Administrator account can be used for this as well but it is not recommended. Anyway the user choosen need to get access to the repository (see link).
javiereyes
Novice

Post by javiereyes »

Hi,

Today I could check the access permissions and you're right, after I give the permissions to a window user, voila! I could list the repository with the Solaris Agent and I did a successful backup.

Thanks for your help sorry but I'm newbie with Veeam Backup.

Regards