Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TitaniumCoder477
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: James Wilmoth

Feature request: Logical proxy groups

Post by TitaniumCoder477 »

I would like the ability to create a logical group in BNR and add actual proxies to it (kind of like we do with SOBR). Then I would like to target this logical group in all backup and replica jobs so that I can avoid having to adjust that "Use the selected backup proxy servers only" list every time.

Example:
1. I have three Windows proxies
2. All jobs are configured "Use the selected backup proxy servers only" and these three
3. I want to start migrating to Linux proxies
4. Currently, I have to manually update every job; however, if every job was looking at a logical group of proxies, then I would not need to do this; I would just add the new proxies into the logical group and remove the old proxies, and the jobs would remain untouched

Addendum: I just noticed that I can configure proxy affinity which I'm assuming means that I don't need to set static proxies on the jobs themselves, assuming the proxies I wish to use are all the same. This will help me for now, but I would still like to have logical proxy groups as a feature since this would allow me to get more granular with the jobs and what proxies they are allowed to use while still using proxy affinity on the repo as a kind of global whitelist.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature request: Logical proxy groups

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
thank you, that's a valid feature request post386345.html?hilit=proxy%20groups#p386345

We hear it usually from customers that use very many proxies. Please take your request as counted.

Best regards,
Hannes