Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hartsmm
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Henk Arts

bulk restore

Post by hartsmm »

any plans to allow multple restores in one batch ;-)

Best regards,

Henk Arts
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: bulk restore

Post by Gostev »

Yes, we have this feature in plans - it was requested a few times for different use cases..
rmeijer
Novice
Full Name: Richard Meijer

Post by rmeijer »

It would also be nice not only to restore several VMs in one batch, but also in a scheduled task.

I've a backup machine with Veeam Backup and I would like to restore a copy of a VM on the backup machine to reduce downtime for my production environment in case the ESXi-server crashes. It's possible to start the restored VM in VMware Workstation. And this gives me more time to fix the crashed ESXi-server.

Or is there another way to schedule the restore?

Best regards,

Richard Meijer
vbussiro
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Post by vbussiro »

rmeijer wrote:It would also be nice not only to restore several VMs in one batch, but also in a scheduled task.

I've a backup machine with Veeam Backup and I would like to restore a copy of a VM on the backup machine to reduce downtime for my production environment in case the ESXi-server crashes. It's possible to start the restored VM in VMware Workstation. And this gives me more time to fix the crashed ESXi-server.

Or is there another way to schedule the restore?

Best regards,

Richard Meijer
Did you consider replication ? In your case (restore to vmware worskstation), restoring backup, then convert it to vmware workstation would be damn long.
rmeijer
Novice
Full Name: Richard Meijer

Post by rmeijer »

vbussiro wrote: Did you consider replication ? In your case (restore to vmware worskstation), restoring backup, then convert it to vmware workstation would be damn long.
You don't need to convert it to VMware Workstation.
You just restore the complete VM from the backup, import it in VMware Workstation and start it. No problem.