RESTful knowledge exchange
jw_ic
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: James Wuerflein

File Restore

Post by jw_ic »

Doing a file restore after getting the vmREestorePoints and mounting the restore point. The mount of the restore point is successful, however, when I go to request the actual restore I'm getting this particular error. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Code: Select all

Invoke-WebRequest : {"FirstChanceExceptionMessage":null,"StackTrace":null,"Message":"Failed to invoke method [WaitForLoaderCreationComplete]. Spec: []","StatusCode":500,"Status":"InternalServerError"}
At line:1 char:11
+ $result = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $uri -method post -Headers $headers  ...
+           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-WebRequest], WebException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand
jhoughes
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 112 times
Full Name: Joe Houghes

Re: File Restore

Post by jhoughes »

For anyone to be able to assist, you would need to post the full details for the Invoke-WebRequest line that you ran, along with the variables that you used for those parameters.

Also, for easier use, I would suggest that you look into 'Invoke-RestMethod' when trying to drive REST APIs via PowerShell.
Husband, Father, Solutions Architect, Geek Extraordinaire | @DenverVMUG, @AustinVMUG & @ATXPowerShell leader | VMware vExpert | Cisco Champion
jw_ic
Enthusiast

Post by jw_ic »

Case #04530653

Should probably just do it that way.
jw_ic
Enthusiast

Post by jw_ic »

Found solution. Had the wrong file path for what I was trying to restore.

Thanks!