Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
bickyz
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Copy backup job to Azure Blob

Post by bickyz »

Hi, We have a backup job that will backup VMs to the local repository (disk attached to the Veeam server).
Week ago I have created Backup Copy job to to copy the data backed up by the above job to the Azure blob.
On Veeam I have added the Azure blob via Backup Infrastructure >> Object storage >> MS Azure Blob >> Container.
Then added Scale out repository (used Veeam Server local disk as repository location). Scale out repository capacity tier is set to move backup files older than 3 days.
For some reason data is only copied to the local storage (scale out repository folder) but not to the Azure Blob.

Nor sure what I am missing here, any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Copy backup job to Azure Blob

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

You should use Copy policy instead of Move if you need to copy backups to an object storage as soon they appear on your local storage.
The Copy mode can be enabled in SOBR settings when you select "Copy backups to object storage as soon as they are created" checkbox.

The Move policy offloads only full backups having GFS flag from backup copy chain, please refer to this section on our help center (look under "Inactive Backup Chain of a Backup Copy Job").

Thanks!
bickyz
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: Copy backup job to Azure Blob

Post by bickyz » 1 person likes this post

thank you PetrM