Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
azpets
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: A.Z. SRL

Feature Request: dual job

Post by azpets »

Hi to everyone,
I really enjoy the use of Veeam Agent, currently testing into free mode, but i have a small concern.

As "client computer user", i have a directory (the one of my user profile) which is quite often changed during the days, it contains the most crucial data of my job. But...
One of the most amazing features of Veeam Agent is that i can make a full bare metal restore of my desktop PC. But with a one job of backup, i have to forcely pick a choice.

If i do a backup of the whole system, data occupation is strained by the day-to-day changes and updates about apps, OS, and so on. And it can grow even of 50gb of non-user-related data, only about Windows Updates, AV, updates, and so on.
If i do a backup of user data only, the irreplaceble files are safe, but i still need to setup from scratch my computer if hardware failure hits me (HDD, SSD, MB and so on).

Someone might say me "hey, use another tool for your data or for your whole system". Yes, i could. Duplicating the setup, the network user access, the folders of output, and the software configuration. And the automated email processing for warning me "hey buddy... something is going wrong!".
But I am willing to use Veeam. Maybe allowing two backup jobs not only one...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Feature Request: dual job

Post by Gostev »

Hello! Indeed the Free edition of Veeam Agent only supports one job. However, the Server edition does support multiple jobs. Thanks!