Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hartsmm
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Henk Arts

FTP backup target

Post by hartsmm »

Any plans to support a FTP connection as a target ;-)

Best Regards,

Henk Arts
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: FTP backup target

Post by Gostev »

Henk, you can do this right now using post-job script to upload produced backup files to FTP server. It is unlikely that we will ever provide the ability to specify FTP as actual target for job, because Veeam Backup uses synthetic backup which requires fast storage by its nature (otherwise incremental backup performance will be terrible).
hartsmm
Influencer
Full Name: Henk Arts

Post by hartsmm »

Gostev,

thank you for the quick reply!
I totally agree with you, that's why I request the FTP target :-) fast backup and restore...

Best regards,

Henk Arts
vnavna
Influencer
Full Name: Steve Vujnovich

Post by vnavna »

Please put this into your product as an offsite copy option as most other products have. I was recently attacked with a dharma .wallet encryption ransomware and all of the backups are worthless now as my NAS was also encrypted. Every backup that I had was encrypted and unrecoverable. To put offsite copy option and scheduler for once a week full backup would be so beneficial.
Images will be automatically duplicated to FTP with the completion of backup.
yardstudio
Lurker
Full Name: Jaroslav

Post by yardstudio »

I am searching for solution, to make offsite copy against malware, still need have timestamped backup files, for restore in back time ago. FTPs to offsite server is one of possible solution, but how best of configure it. One of possibility is setup many backup tasks.. monthly backup weekly backup .. and as disaster scenario will be return days or months ago infections .. You suggesting what?