Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
tamf
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Cameshia Cargle

Configuring Storage

Post by tamf »

Hi,

It's my understanding that the storage server doesn't have to be NetApp storage; however, I do not see where you can setup "other types of storage". We are using QNap storage servers. Please confirm if this is correct and direct me to instructions on how to configure.

Thanks!!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2888 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Configuring Storage

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
can you maybe explain what you mean with "storage server"? What do you want to do with Orchestrator? Orchestrate restores from backups or orchestrate failovers of Veeam replicas? Both is possible with QNAPs as they are transparent from us.

The user guide is available in helpcenter.veeam.com

The Netapp integration is to orchestrate SnapMirror failovers. https://www.veeam.com/blog/orchestrator ... ation.html

For that setup, the VMs are running on a primary Netapp and there is a storage replication to a secondary Netapp. This kind of storage failover is only available for Netapp. No need to configure anything for your QNAP

Best regards,
Hannes
tamf
Novice
Full Name: Cameshia Cargle

Post by tamf »

Thanks Hannes! I get it now. I'm still learning. I appreciate your help!

Cameshia
bittenbt
Novice
Full Name: Tim Bittenbender

Post by bittenbt »

When will VAO support other storage platforms like HPE Nimble, Primera, Dell EMC?

thanks, Tim
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2888 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
as for the near future, we will support Veeam CDP. For more distant future, it would be helpful if you could tell us priorities on the storage system to count your requests.

Please keep in mind that only asynchronous storage mirrors are relevant. I only know them from Nimble customers (from your list). For Primera and DELL (which one?) I only know synchronous mirror with transparent failover from my customers.

Thanks,
Hannes