Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
CHESSSteve
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Colburn

Unable to restore files

Post by CHESSSteve »

Case ID#04515147. Took a backup of a Win7 pc with the Agent. At some point when taking the backup the machine crashed. It captured ~45gb of data from that backup. Went to restore files on a new PC with the agent application. On loading the file initially it did not even load any information. A change or two to the backup file and I was able to proceed. When trying to load the actual restore portion it failed on a partition error. Checked any logs I could find for an error and it showed just the unmounting due to an error. Tried running it through the workstation version and the same issue showed up. Not sure where to go next.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Unable to restore files

Post by Gostev »

Hello, Stephen. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the backup you took (image-level) we won't be able to restore data if your backup job was interrupted and the backup is incomplete. Thanks!
CHESSSteve
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Colburn

Re: Unable to restore files

Post by CHESSSteve »

Thank you for letting me know. Now i can move to bare metal drive recovery with another service.