Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
philfreund
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Freund

VA for AIX error messaging

Post by philfreund »

Is there any error messaging capability in VAA? I don't see any setup options if there is.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: VA for AIX error messaging

Post by PetrM »

Hi Phil,

Could you please elaborate a bit more what kind of error messaging are you looking for? Currently, you have a possibility to view session status or you can monitor backup or restore process via logs.

Thanks!
philfreund
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Freund

Post by philfreund »

Email messages. At the very least, job failure messages. An error message when a job doesn't start because another job is running. A warning when a restore point has been mounted for more than a user-definable number of hours, default 24. I'm sure there are more but those come to mind immediately.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
email notifications are available today out of the box if your AIX agents are connected to a VBR backup server. If a job fails for whatever reason, you should get an email on that. It is possible to enhance that with pre- and post-scripts today.

I remember you requested deeper integration to cover more scenarios. We are aware of that and as I mentioned in the other thread, some of the things are coming "automatically" with deeper integration. That also includes better job monitoring.

Best regards,
Hannes