Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
yong
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Yong

Veeam Agent for Windows License Comparison

Post by yong »

Hello,

I am curious about the Veeam Agent for Windows licensing policy.
There are three options: free, server and workstation to use Veeam Agent for Windows and I am curious about the difference in license.
I don't think the part about licenses in the document is clear.

The documentation(https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=40) explains it as follows:

Server — a commercial edition that provides access to all product functions. The Server edition is intended for performing data protection tasks on servers that run the Microsoft Windows OS. To use the Server edition of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, you must obtain and install a license on the protected computer. The license must have a number of instances that is enough to protect a machine with the Server product edition.

Workstation — a commercial edition that offers capabilities for performing data protection tasks on desktop computers and laptops that run the Microsoft Windows OS. To use the Workstation edition of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, you must obtain and install a license on the protected computer. The license must have a number of instances that is enough to protect a machine with the Workstation product edition.

Free — a free edition that offers limited capabilities sufficient for personal use of the product. In contrast to Workstation and Server editions, the Free edition does not require a license.

And in the "Selecting Product Edition" document, it says:

I have read several documents to find the differences for each version, but I have not been able to see the detailed differences for Windows Agent for Windows.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Veeam Agent for Windows License Comparison

Post by Natalia Lupacheva » 2 people like this post

Hi Yong,

If you are looking for the detailed comparison, I believe this editions comparison document should help.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello Yong,

Thanks for brining this up! I've asked website team and technical writers team to check why the comparison has been removed and make the adjustments in the related Help Center page. Cheers!
yong
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Yong

Post by yong » 1 person likes this post

Thank for your help. I was able to see the detailed functional differences of Veeam Agent for Windows.