Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Time limit on backup jobs

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Checked with the support team: they have custom fix already available, please ping them if you need it as they can share it on per-case basis.

As we've already promised, we will include the needed changes to the upcoming major version as well. Cheers!
kubimike
Veteran
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: MikeO

Post by kubimike » 1 person likes this post

I can’t thank you guys enough I’m a happy camper. I called support waiting for my tech to get me the hotfix
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thank you for bringing this topic up Mike. Cheers!
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

7 day limit slammed down on me again. After 168 hours the job ended. This is with the new agent exe! Aargh, the job started over DELETED the VBK it had sent and now sending/creating a new file. Sounds like this limit is also somewhere in the VBR console??

12/19/2020 7:44:08 PM :: Error: Application is shutting down.
Failed to upload disk.
Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
Exception from server: Application is shutting down.
Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [64452779].
Failed to download disk '26aaf4e7-c773-4c00-9293-af13da80a992'.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Mike,

Sorry for the delay, checking with the team!
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

Hi there, support reached back out to me. There is no work around for the hotfix they gave me stating its too involved to fix the artificial time issue. I have no way of backing up my data, as I type this a new audit has arrived for me to fill out about backups. No idea how Im supposed to answer that either. For a file share and budget constraints it sounds like if you don't have fast expensive storage Veeam backup is not the choice here. Since this drive is very large I don't have the disk space on my expensive storage to break this up and make it a VM. Now I have to spend $80k on decent storage to complete a backup not sure how Im going to sell this to the board either. When can I expect a fix ? I've been trying for months to back this data up getting nowhere. I might have to buy cheap storage and just do a plain old "robocopy". Very disappointing for an enterprise backup solution