Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
spartridge
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Shawn Partridge

Restore failing

Post by spartridge »

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that reports success everytime I run it. Today I tried to use the backup with Instant Recovery and got error message that a disk error had occured. I did a full restore and had the same problem. Trying to restore from an older backup also failed. I took a new full backup of the server thinking there was something wrong with the other backups. It was successful, but again I get an error message and the server does not boot to Windows. It has been a long day...week so I may be missing something easy. Any one have an idea?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Restore failing

Post by Gostev »

Sounds like very much like a problem with your backup storage. Try backing up elsewhere, and see if you are still having this issue.
spartridge
Novice

Post by spartridge »

I actually have already used two different backup storage devices. That is what really made me wonder. I have not had a chance to test some of my other backups, but I will be doning that this weekend as I am now not sure I can trust them.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Another thing to try is rebooting the production Windows, if it fails to boot then it would also explain why restored server fails to boot.
spartridge
Novice

Post by spartridge »

I have already done that as well. I was able to correct the application issue that I was having so I do not need the backup at this time. The server was rebooted and it came up without an issue.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Then it would be best to open a support case and provide them with full logs for investigation.
spartridge
Novice

Post by spartridge »

I am going to call it a night. I will look at everything again fresh in the morning. If there is still an issue I will contact support. Thank you for your help.