Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
DarrenToews
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Darren Toews

Sending VM specific notifications to recipients

Post by DarrenToews »

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked. I searched but couldn't find anything dealing with this specific issue.

We're running Veeam One 9.5.4, and I've got a question about monitoring VMWare VMs. I have a request from another area in our IT department that manages a subset of our servers. They would like to receive alerts and notifications for issues that may pop up on these servers (low guest disk space, high cpu, etc), but I don't want to add them to the general notifications group since the vast majority of the notifications wouldn't pertain to the servers they're interested in.

Is there a way to configure notifications for a single VM or a group of VMs to be sent to them?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Sending VM specific notifications to recipients

Post by HannesK » 2 people like this post

Hello,
the first thing that comes into my mind is using business view and assign / exclude that department to alarms

1) assign all necessary VMs to business view group
2) copy the alarms you like to have for these VMs
3) include the business view group to the alarms you like to have
4) configure the alarms notification settings to "Send email to Business View owner group"

Optional: exclude the business view group from all normal alarms

Best regards,
Hannes
DarrenToews
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Darren Toews

Re: Sending VM specific notifications to recipients

Post by DarrenToews »

Thanks. I'll give that a try!
frejak73
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Fredrik Jakobsson

[MERGED] Specific email recipients for every resource

Post by frejak73 »

Is it possible to set specific email recipients for every resource?
For what i can see so is it just possible to set email for receiving all alerts on the whole infrastructure.
I have several teams divided into resource pools and i want to send alert emails to just there specific email for that resource.
So just there team got a notification for example old snapshots och a vm with 100% for a long time.

If it´s not possible it would be a nice feature.

//Fredrik
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Specific email recipients for every resource

Post by wishr »

Hi Frederik,

I'm moving your post to an existing topic answering a similar question. Just a few things to add the Hannes' post:
1. You may specify several Business View owner emails in the group configuration settings by separating them with commas, spaces, or semicolons.
2. Apart from VMs, other infrastructure components can be split into Business View groups in the same way.
3. This approach can be useful for reporting scenarios as well. E.g. each group can generate reports on a specific subset of the infrastructure they are responsible for.

Thanks