Management reporting and documentation
pirx
Veeam Legend
Liked: 72 times

Proxy Server Summary Report?

Post by pirx »

Hi,

is there any way to get similar data in a report as it is available on the Proxy Server Summary dashboard for each proxy? Daily number of backed up disks/VMs/data etc for each proxy.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/m ... ml?ver=100

We added some new proxies and I'm checking that data currently more frequently. But each proxy page needs 30-60sec to update and show that data so this is a bit frustrating if you have ~10 proxies. Thus I'd like to have this as report.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Proxy Server Summary Report?

Post by wishr »

Hi Pirx,

There is no such report, but you may take a look at the Proxy usage widget that has been designed specifically for this use-case.

Thanks
pirx
Veeam Legend

Post by pirx »

Hi wishr,

I know this heatmap, but it would be easier to get the interesting data in a report than to click through the heatmap and it different levels. I also find the statistics in dashboard much more useful than the information in the heatmap. I don't see data about backed up disk, volume of backups etc that is available in dashboard.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi Pirx,

Are you looking for historical information or just interested in knowing the current state of the proxies? Could you please let us know what you are going to do with that data?

Thank you.
pirx
Veeam Legend

Post by pirx » 1 person likes this post

At the moment I check every morning how the load during backup was distributed among the proxies. For example how many VM's/disks have been backed up, how much data was transferred. I want to check if the proxies are equally used. The dashboard gives a nice overview. If it would be possible to get this in a report for a given time frame that would be ideal. With a summary for each day and nice graphs for the data over time, not only bars like in the dashboard for one day.

One problem in general is that our proxies are CIFS gateways too and this is currently not covered anywhere as far as I can see, which is really something that is missing! I can see data for repositories but not for gateways, but these gw have both roles, I can only see statistics for the proxy role.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Thanks for answering. Definitely makes sense. I'll make a note of it.