Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
timgowen
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Gowen

Agent Connection failure Case # 04607435

Post by timgowen »

Overnight a file server is refusing connection... The account I've used has a correct password and I can access the IPC Share on the affected server using my login from the B&R server. I can log into the affected server with the service account and it all seems to work. Also I can rescan the server in Veeam and detect the disks and verify component installation.

The error is Processing [server fqdn] Error: Failed to connect to [server fqdn]:6160

I'm not sure which log file is the one to present here, but the support agent indicates an authentication issue.

Tim
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Agent Connection failure Case # 04607435

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Tim.

Logs do state clearly:
[25.01.2021 21:00:13] <20> Error The user name or password is incorrect.
[25.01.2021 21:00:13] <20> Warning Failed to create persistent connection to ADMIN$ shared folder on host [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx].

Which indicates a credentials issue for certain.
I have seen your communication with support, including test of credentials and admin$ access, so please have patience and continue troubleshooting to find the root cause of it.

/Thanks!
timgowen
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Gowen

Re: Agent Connection failure Case # 04607435

Post by timgowen »

I will have patience; I have tried the main domain account as well as my admin account. I have other Windows Agent jobs using the same service account and they are not failing.