Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
lelsrud
Novice
Liked: never

job going rouge, cant find which computer it runs on

Post by lelsrud »

Hi all.
I've got a couple of questions.
1. I know I did this in the wrong order, but whats done is done. I deleted the files of a job I thought was long gone directly from the storage. BUT the job wasnt deleted, and still runs, with errors of course.
The job in question is on a machine that has a new name, so i cant find it based on name. Is it any way I can find which IP the job runs from? Or any other way I can find the computer in question?

2. We reuse some of our computers, changing their name, now we are trying to manage all our agents via B&R. But when adding the agents to a job/protection group, we cant install it bc "known agent... have the same bios uuid but different connection point"
Now, I've deleted the job from the PC, I've uninstalled the agent from the PC, I've deleted every trace in B&R console, but I still get the same error. Tips anybody?

Thank you in advance!
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: job going rouge, cant find which computer it runs on

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Lelsrud

1. When job kicks in another day, use CMD: "netstat -a" and check for common Veeam agent used ports - that will easily show who is transferring backup to your server right now.

2. BIOS UUID is a unique identifier of Windows installation. Without reinstall\sysprep your Windows will keep it's UUID no matter of other changes like system name. It is a good practice to sysprep machine if you are changing the owner. You can also refer to existing UUID discussion here to work around it, however, fighting the root cause of the problem(you should have no duplicate UUIDs in the environment!) would be recommended way.

/Hope that helps!