Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
wsellers
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: William Sellers

Veeam Agent for Windows: Multiple Targets

Post by wsellers »

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to see if there is anything on the road map to allow for multiple targets, using the Veeam Agent for Windows. For instance, I have a small SINGLE physical server that I'd like to have a local backup job, writing to a NAS/Attached disk. BUT, also have a job that would get a copy of that data offsite to a Veeam Cloud Connect repository.

I think currently it's a "OR" situation...See link https://www.veeam.com/content/dam/veeam ... 7368236027

Typically, in larger situations I'd just have a Veeam Backup and Replication server that would managed the local agent job----and have a backup copy job to get that data offsite to cloud connect.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else wants this or has a supported workaround.

Thanks,
Will
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Agent for Windows: Multiple Targets

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Will,

Thank you for your post. We plan to address multiple backup targets scenario in standalone agent very soon. Stay tuned for product announcements :wink:
cthorpe
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Chris Thorpe

Post by cthorpe »

Hi Dima - is it confirmed that this WILL be addressed as part of Update 4 ?

Thanks, Chris
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Chris,

We plan to address multiple targets for standalone agent installations at the fist place. Can you please clarify your use case scenario? Thanks!
cthorpe
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Chris Thorpe

Post by cthorpe »

Hi Dima - we have the same requirement as Will ... multiple targets for stand-alone agents where a full VBR installation is not warranted.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Chris,

For standalone agent it's planned. Are you seeking for ability to configure one backup job to the Cloud Connect repository in addition to the local backup (for faster recovery)? Thanks!
wnichols
Novice
Liked: never

Post by wnichols »

I would like to add on to this as something I am looking for. I'd like for the ability to

- Backup to multiple targets being local. Maybe a two SMB shares or a SMB share and a backup repository.
- More importantly - being able to backup to a SMB share and then also send this backup to a cloud connect repository without the use of VBR. I'd prefer that I not have to take two backups because I want to send the backups to different locations and have the high possibility of the backups being different.
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Post by Technogod » 1 person likes this post

Why has Veeam added the feature of multiple backup targets and limited it to only Server and Workstation editions. To make matters worse. My Workstation edition will only backup to a Veeam Cloud Connect Repository. Thanks Veeam for adding a feature that has been requested since Windows Agent was released. No thanks for making us pay for it. This is a basic feature that is included in every manufacturers software.
tinyapps
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Miles Wolbe

Post by tinyapps » 1 person likes this post

Version 4 of "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE" supports rotated drives and selecting other locations when manually backing up.
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Post by Technogod »

Veeam Agent has always supported Standalone Backup. I am referring to multiple Scheduled Backups which are pointing to different targets.