Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
ofirgal11
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ofir Gal

V11 backup of NAS to Object (SOBR) ???

Post by ofirgal11 »

Hi
I am using Veeam for a total backup solution on prem and my offsite VM backups with SOBR to Azure , I have 10TB of NAS data that is changing rapidly and till now I havent found any good solution to create offsite copy of the NAS data to a cloud service provider , same as i am doing with my VM's . Can you confirm that on V11 we will have SOBR of NAS backup to be able and clone it to any type of cloud object .
This is critical ability to my company , I am trying to understand why to include object storage and not to give the clients that actual required feature with the ability ?
If this will not be available on the next 11 release they I will have to consider other backup and replication solutions to meet my requirements for data DR for my NAS.
Thanks in advance,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6710 times

Re: V11 backup of NAS to Object (SOBR) ???

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Ofir. No, unfortunately v11 will not have this capability yet. This feature is high priority for us too, we just cannot deliver every possible feature right away in the very first versions. Thanks!
ofirgal11
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ofir Gal

Post by ofirgal11 »

OK
So What us the best approach to get a DR up and running on public cloud like azure ?

On prem VBR > performance TIER(now on prem) to move to azure files > capacity TIER (azure exist) - now my backups copy both NAS+VM's will be in azure .
build new VPR on azure (VM) and connect to the 2 capacity teir and performance teir (to restore backups localy on the AZURE resources - test DR) - will this be problematic that 2 servers will point to the same BLOB and SHARE repo?
Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6710 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

For now, just use a regular Azure IaaS VM as a Veeam backup repository for a secondary copy of your NAS backups in the cloud (so, no object storage in the picture). This would be a temporary solution, since our devs are already working hard to enable NAS Backup Copy direct to object storage in v12. Thanks!