Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
jflor
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jordan Florchinger

Multi site question

Post by jflor »

I would like to manage multiple sites with a single backup and replication server, but with multiple remote repositories. Say I have sites A and B. Backup and Replication is running on a server at site A.

If I configure a backup on the backup and replication server at site A to backup a server at site B and then store that backup on a repository at site B, will that network traffic only be between the site B server and the site B repository? Or will the traffic be routed through the Backup and Replication server at site A and then sent back to the repository at site B?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 531 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Multi site question

Post by PetrM »

Hello and Welcome to our Community!

The data traffic will remain within the site B while the management traffic will circulate between sites. However, management traffic does not take too much bandwidth and should not affect backup job performance.

The data traffic can be routed through the site A only if you back up to the shared folder repository managed by Veeam B&R and the gateway server is located on the site A. In this case, you may specify the gateway server on the site B to make sure that data traffic will not be routed through the remote site.

Thanks!