Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
KevinSp
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Spittle

Error: Could not allocate a new page for database 'VeeamBackup'

Post by KevinSp »

Hi

We use community edition as we have two servers and I am using File to Tape backup which worked fine from October to now.

I understand that the issue is File to tape fills up the database as SQ Express all versions has a limit of 10gb . I have searched and cannot find out how to make the logs roll off the end so that new backups can be performed. As a small company we cannot afford a full blown version of SQL server.

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve the issue easily and permanently so it does not keep recurring. People refer to scripts provided by support to delete data but never post the scripts and there are 100s of tables so working out what to delete is not easy.

It is impossible to search as most searches return problems about backing up external SQL databases to Veeam not its own repository database.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Error: Could not allocate a new page for database 'VeeamBackup'

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

Actually, you cannot just delete tables randomly from the configuration database :D doing this will either break the product, or make restores impossible (depending on which table you hit). Unfortunately, there's no solution to bypassing 10GB limit except upgrading the SQL Server.

Of course, you could also solve this by re-deploying Veeam Backup & Replication into a new database every few months? Then wait until the new database fills up with your tape backups catalog again, rinse and repeat.

Thanks!