RESTful knowledge exchange
johnny1337
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Jonas

Cloud connect / Daily morning routine

Post by johnny1337 »

Hi,

On the company I work for we are missing a good view in the gui to see latest restore point for each computer/server backed up by Veeam Cloud connect. When we spoke to support they point us to the API, so I started to play with it. Now I am stuck, I don't understand how to access Cloud connect via API. We have Cloud connect installed on one server and Enterprise Manager on another.

I saw the note on this link: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100 . Anyone who can explain to me?

Thanks in advance!

/Johnny
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Cloud connect / Daily morning routine

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Jonas,

Cloud connect service has a subset of endpoints accessible through Enterprise Manager REST API.
So, to start working with CC resources through API, you need to authenticate to EM REST API service on your EM Server and then send requests to /cloud/* endpoints.

Thanks,
Oleg
johnny1337
Service Provider

Post by johnny1337 »

Hi,

Shouldn't I be able to see CC resources when accessing "https://server.fqdn:9398/web/#/api/"?
I am authenticated to Enterprise Manager REST API and I can browse to other links but not "https://server.fqdn:9398/web/#/api/cloud"

Thanks,

Jonas
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software

As stated here:
Cloud Connect service resource appears in the list of available Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API resources if the Veeam Cloud Connect service provider license is installed on the Veeam backup server.
Looks like your problem fits the description.

Thanks,
Oleg
johnny1337
Service Provider

Post by johnny1337 »

What does it really mean? That we need to change license on the enterprise manager-server?
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software

You need to have licenses on your Backup Server with Cloud Connect and Enterprise Manager coincide.
Otherwise, Enterprise Manager pushes its license to all backup servers added. That is, you just need to install existing CC license on Enterprise Manager to make it work. Check this article for more information on how EM acts on licenses. Thanks!