Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
technomancer_101
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthew Fey

Backing up physical servers with locked down repository

Post by technomancer_101 »

My apologies if this has been answered before. I did some light digging, but the only similar references I could find were from a number of years ago.

I have a Linux repository setup that is currently locked down so that ports 2500:3300 are only open to our proxies and the B&R server.
When trying to run backups from any physical server, it fails as it cannot see the repository. If I open up ports 2500:3300 to the IP of any of those physical servers, that one server will immediately start working as expected.

Since there is no way to assign proxies to a Windows Agent job, what would be the correct solution in this scenario? I suspect the answer would be to setup a gateway server and point the physical servers there, but I wanted to know if there was a different option that I missed.

Thanks
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Backing up physical servers with locked down repository

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
you already posted the solution. Backups go directly to the repository from the Agent.

The only exception are NAS and dedupe appliances that have gateway servers. There you go via the gateway server.

Best regards,
Hannes