Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bthompson3317
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bridgett Thompson

ExaGrid

Post by bthompson3317 »

My company has taken over another and they previously used Veeam with Exagrid - "ExaGrid - Veeam Accelerated Data Mover".

The backed up share still resides on the ExaGrid but they have since uninstalled Veeam from their environment. When I go to the shares & Instantdr shares in ExaGrid I'm unable to delete the Veeam share, just grayed out.

I have SCP into the ExaGrid and can see the Veeam folder but no data is there, can't delete from it either.

Would LOVE some help, I'm not familiar with ExaGrid but have done tons of research and can't seem to find anything pertinent.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: ExaGrid

Post by Gostev »

Unfortunately, it's not our software that created this share, so we can't advise on the process of removing it either. Please contact ExaGrid support for assistance... honestly, it should have been your first stop anyway ;)
bthompson3317
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bridgett Thompson

Post by bthompson3317 »

Thanks, ExaGrid support might as well be non-existent, this is my last resort at this point; luckily I got some good feedback on Reddit.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Don´t know what you mean with the Exagrid support. Their support team is doing awesome work with the customers. I would just contact them and ask for help.
tgillispie
Technology Partner
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Tom Gillipsie

Post by tgillispie »

When an ExaGrid share has a replica like you described - what we call and Instant DR or IDR share - there may be an order in which you delete things - depending on the ExaGrid software version you're running.

Feel free to reach out to me and I will connect you with the correct resources at ExaGrid.

Tom Gillispie
ExaGrid Director of Product Management