RESTful knowledge exchange
masonit
Service Provider
Liked: 23 times
Full Name: Maso

vCloud organization id

Post by masonit »

Hi

We are using EM with it's self-backup service integration with vcloud. I am trying to from EM rest api to get the different tenants vcloud organization id (ex: urn:vcloud:org:3a2b2604-5c7b-45d3-97ab-0830a07e1111). I need this to be able to match objects we backup in vbr to a specific tenant (organization) But I can only find Veeam id's.

I have also tried to find them using powershell. I works with Find-VBRvCloudEntity -Organization. But I can't find a good way to match objects in a vbr job to a specific organization. I can see the organization name they belong to. But would prefer to find vcloud org id instead of using name. Is this possible?

\Magnus
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: vCloud organization id

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Magnus,

To get that URN (vCloud organization ID), you can use the lookup functionality with the corresponding object type. Is this what you're after?

Thanks!
masonit
Service Provider

Post by masonit »

Does not look like it is what I am looking for. Think tenant name will be good enough. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well, I was trying to show how to return the urn:vcloud:org for matching, since it is not available in Find-VBRvCloudEntity -Organization. I have brought this FR internally anyway. Thanks!
masonit
Service Provider

Post by masonit »

Not sure if we understand each other. Find-VBRvCloudEntity -Organization works fine. It returns org id. But the same id I can't get from ex get-vbrjobobject. From there I can only get org name and not org id. I would prefer org id when finding out from Veeam, to what organization the vm belongs.

\Magnus
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ah, got it now! Thanks for the clarification.